Wednesday, January 28, 2009

woosh! cny break is over! but I'm still in the holiday mood! haha allowing myself to relax till tmr before I start up my engines. haha.

going to do a part time internship beginning this friday! Went for a briefing at the company today. Just a small start-up in the shophouses along duxton hill. The company does investments in equity and also real estate. Quite interesting cos as one of the girl who went for the briefing said today, "Big fish in a small pond." as compared to other firms where we'll become a "Small fish in a big pond."

The managing director made me think alot today. Like what do I want for my future, why we are still studying certain models today and the value of money etc. He showed alot of recent news and kept saying that based on the balance sheets of the certain firms, his company already knew they were going to be bankrupt but the big IBs and funds are still buying into them. And those companies are slowly falling one by one. hmm. One of his company philosophy is to be humble, but I left the impression that he's quite proud. haha probably proud of the firm's achievements and his track record.

Another interesting thing was that he said the Black-Scholes-Merton Model is irrelevant. Black and Scholes actually started Long Term Capital Management, a firm that does investments based on the model that they invented. However, in 1998, the firm collapsed. So if this model actually can lead to a collapse of a firm and a financial maelstrom back then, why are the professors still teaching it to us now?

Maybe I should ask lhs that one day. hehe.

yeah, the director talks alot. made me feel like I have taken the wrong course in uni and that whatever I have learnt is crap. hmm. I foresee a challenging internship ahead! but shall try it and go go go! may I wake up and feel energised everyday! haha. I hope la...

on the other hand...

the pay is really peanuts..
the location isn't very good (Quite a long walk from tanjong pagar)
working 2 and a half days would mean a super busy week cos I still have school on mon and thurs and numerous projects lined up. including FYP. argh. 311 argh. 219. argh argh argh.
need to bring my own laptop..
probably need to spend some time revising FM or AA101 all the analysing of financial statements and stuff..
and other sacrifices like less sleep and less entertainment and less time to nua and probably less time to spend with him and everyone else too.

but a challenge is a challenge! shall challenge myself! what doesn't kill me, makes me STRONGER!

okies! shall do 311 and watch tv at the same time!!
photos from jf's cam taken on 31st! haha. I like this photo! cos yf just got totally squeezed out. haha not that I dont like yf, but this photo is really lol. wahaha.

pretty fireworks!

9:21 PM





:) 10


ARCHIVES
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
January 2011
February 2011
May 2011
June 2011
August 2011
October 2011
October 2012
November 2012

LINKS
Bei Yin
Ching Huey
David
Hui Ping
Hui Qun
Jenny
Jia Xin
June
Jun Feng
Michelle
Phoebe
Yan Lin
Yee Chien
Yin Yun
Yuen Bo
Terrence
Ziting

Xi En




SHOUTS